RESOURCES FOR SUPPORTERS AND ACTIVISTS
We at Intact America have created a library of resources to help supporters and activists be more effective in helping people understand why circumcision is medically unnecessary, unethical, and wrong.
Protesting at ACOG in New Orleans
On May 4, 2013, Intact America will be protesting at the annual conference of the American Congress of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ACOG) in New Orleans, Louisiana. Visit our ACOG demonstration page for more information.
Our Current Campaign: Tell the American Academy of Pediatrics, "SHAME ON YOU!"
In September 2012, the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) Task Force on Circumcision issued a new Report extolling the benefits of circumcision, claiming they outweigh the risks of the procedure. Its Report fails to provide any data showing what those risks are, ignores the ethics question, and refuses to acknowledge the growing trend in Europe to question the legality of routine infant circumcision. Stand with Intact America and tell the AAP, SHAME ON YOU!
For the latest news and ways you can help fight for babies' rights to genital integrity, follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest. Post your own stories, share our links, and help us give voice to the countless baby boys who deserve to be protected from the risks and harms of circumcision!
Talking Points & Flyers
Below are several documents available to print and distribute among college campuses, local supermarkets, baby fairs, friends, family members, pediatricians, general practitioners, OB/GYNs, and professors.
- Intact America Statement of Principles [HTML] [download PDF]
- 10 Reasons Not to Circumcise Your Baby Boy [HTML] [download PDF]
- 10 Reasons Doctors Should Stop Circumcising Baby Boys [download PDF]
- 10 Reasons Why Circumcision Is a Dangerous Distraction in the Fight Against HIV [download PDF]
- Myths & Facts About Circumcision [HTML] [download PDF]
- Infant Circumcision Information Flyer (in English and Spanish) [download PDF]
- Foreskin Facts [download PDF]
- Foreskin Care Guide for Parents [download PDF]
- Circumcision: Your Legal Rights (courtesy of ARC, Attorneys for the Rights of the Child) [download PDF]
- Global Survey of Circumcision Harm: Overview [HTML] [download PDF]
- Analysis: Male Circumcision — A Dangerous Mistake in the HIV Battle (revised 7/11) [HTML] [download PDF]
- BLOG: Talking Points for Intactivists, Part One [HTML]
- BLOG: Talking Points, Part Two [HTML]
The Intact America Blog
Be sure to check out the Intact America blog, where we will address the latest media coverage, ongoing topics, controversies, and observations, and much more. Join the conversation!
Join Our Mailing List
If you haven’t already, join our email list, so you can be the first to hear about new initiatives, updates in our current education and messaging campaigns, and more ways you can help show your support.
Send Letters to the Editor of Your Local Paper
Writing a letter to the editor of your hometown newspaper is an effective and exciting way to get the word out about our current campaign – and it's easy to do. Click here for instructions.
Please feel free to place our Intact America web banners on blogs, websites, and emails, to help spread the message that all baby boys should be left intact. You can download the banners and the accompanying HTML code here; please also be sure to read our banner policy.
GoodSearch & GoodShop
Intact America has partnered with GoodSearch and GoodShop, whose search-engine tools are designed to help not-for-profits raise money. Simply download our free GoodSearch toolbar, which you can add to your web browser. Use it to search the web and shop online; every time you do, a donation is made to Intact America, at no extra cost to you!